* NOTE THE IMMINENT CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION
Lecturer in International Logistics and Supply Chain Management Ref: A1937
Closing Date: 12 noon, Friday 5 November 2010
Faculty: Plymouth Business School
Division: School of Management
Grade: 7*/8 £30747 to £43840 pa
Contract: Fixed-Term for 12 months
Hours: 37 hours per week
Accountable to / for: Head of School of Management Main purpose of role: Lecturing in International Logistics and Supply Chain Management Primary responsibilities:
* Teaching of International Logistics and Supply Chain Management on undergraduate and postgraduate programmes
* Student project supervision
* Administration and management of teaching including associated tasks (e.g. setting assessments, marking, moderation, collation of marks, etc).
* Academic liaison and representation (e.g. with partner institutions)
* Developing or continuing with research and enterprise/business engagement activities in an International Logistics and Supply Chain Management based subject
Mobility between campuses/external to the university: -Teaching will be located at the main (Plymouth) campus and or any premises at which the university may locate the delivery of relevant programmes and courses.
*Academic staff appointed on Grade 7 will progress to the minimum of Grade 8 at their next increment date after successfully completing probation.
General terms and responsibilities:
* All staff are responsible for ensuring compliance with University and Faculty/Departmental Health & Safety requirements and regulations
* All staff are required to positively support equality of opportunity and equity of treatment to colleagues and students in accordance with the university’s Equality and Diversity Policy
* All staff are responsible for carrying out appropriate communication and information sharing
For further information and instructions on how to apply, see
This job description provides a general reflection of the responsibilities associated with the post, it is expected that the role holder will undertake any other reasonable duties to assist in smooth service delivery.
Prof John Dinwoodie,
Head International Shipping and Logistics Group School of Management Cookworthy Building University of Plymouth Business School, Drake Circus Plymouth, Devon, UK, PL4 8AA Phone +44 (0) 1752 585611 Fax +44 (0) 1752 585713 Email firstname.lastname@example.org Website http://www.plymouth.ac.uk/